Trace the story of a city with an incredible 20th century history.
Why Mercat Tours
For 20 years Mercat Tours International have been leading groups to some of the key sites of 20th century European history. Our unique approach and passionate guides help to bring the past to life and give you an understanding of some of the events that still shape our world today. This is no ordinary trip – this truly is an experience.
We can offer any of the following trips:
Our tours appeal to people of all ages and walks of life. We are happy to tailor these trips for individual groups of 20 or more, or you can sign up independently for one of our organised tours – see booking details and itineraries below.
On every Mercat International Tour we will provide the following:
• A highly trained, experienced guide who will immerse you in the past through the use of music, drama, documentary footage and archive material.
• All travel to and from your destination.
• Hotel accommodation (single room supplements also available).
• Most meals during the trip (we do also like to give you the opportunity to explore cities and relax and have lunch in your own time.)
• All entrance fees to museums and attractions included on the itinerary.
So, if you are looking to extend your understanding of our history, or you are drawn to the idea of ‘walking in the footsteps’ of the past, let Mercat Tours International take you on that journey. It’s an experience you will never forget.
Follow the experience of the Holocaust - from the ghettos to the death camps.
What our customers think
"A very interesting and moving experience leaving us all with much to think about and remember."
The variety of the visits and the personal stories made it even more memorable. the supporting materials of appropriate videos, songs and information booklets made us realise that much thought and preparation and enthusiasm had gone into the planning and execution of our Battlefields experience. Thank you very much.
Mrs Shiela Allan, The WWI Battlefield Experience,